Monday, 2 February 2015

Three Times A Lady - Poetry Reinvigorated


Sometimes taking a look back at what you've poured your heart into is like taking a step back and looking at your wife from a different angle. It's easy to appreciate what it is that made you fall in love with her all those years ago. So its fair to say that this collection of 20 poems that I compiled between 1991 and 2012 leaves me feeling reinvigorated. Not just for the one I love, but for poems that I'd penned inside also.


Too often we take writing poetry about our loved ones too seriously. Yet a love poem shouldn't be viewed as just a reaffirmation of our love, rather it should be a total admission to our weakness to view life in the arms of anyone else. It's like saying, "honey, I still love you even though the baby has kept us up all night, and one day if we ever get to Paris I'll make it up to you." So, with a dash of cheekiness, a great deal of humour and of course more than a smidgeon of still being smitten, I thought it timely to re-release this collection of poetry inspired by my wife of 22 years. Complete with a new for 2015 cover as part of my four collections set of poetry eBooks, I hope you find reason to smile and feel warmed inside by this fictional account of love in the real world, inspired of course by a true love behind closed doors.

ISBN: 9781466168022
Available from only $0.99 through the following retailers

    

No comments: