Saturday 30 September 2017

Lineside Liaisons #13 Quirindi

92 class on a coal train heading north under blue skies at Quirindi.

Moving on to some modern Australian diesels, and this shot of a C44aci Pacific National 92 class locomotive thundering through Quirindi Railway Station in the north west of New South Wales on an empty coal train, was sheer fluke rather than perfect timing. I visited Quirindi in May 2016 to photograph the historic railway station, and when the distant crossing bells sounded I knew something was headed my way. The resulting shot closed out my book 30 Years Chasing Trains, three decades to the week since I first picked up a camera as a 14 year old boy on a BMX bike to take my first train photo. 30 years later, and I have a 100 page full colour 8" x 10" book as a memento of my lifelong hobby.

No comments: