Lineside Liaisons #27 Busselton

The famous Busselton Jetty Train in south west Western Australia.

What holiday to the Margaret River Region of Western Australia would be complete without a train ride on the famous Busselton Jetty? Mine. Focussing too much on the photo angles I was after for my book Last Train to Bunbury when we arrived in this seaside mecca, I forgot to book tickets for my wife and I to travel along the 1.8 km long timber jetty. After being greeted with a sorry but we're fully booked for the remainder of the day when I finally ambled up to the ticket counter during the peak Christmas Holiday period of 2017, I had to settle for a long lunch in the adjoing restaurant that overlooks the train's departure point. I don't know when I'll next get back to this amazing part of the world, but it did provide me with all the inspiration I needed for my funny take on The Busselton Jetty Train in my book Last Train to Bunbury which you can preview for free here.

Comments

Popular Posts