Revamp An Existing Layout


Revamp An Existing Layout this month becomes the 6th and final instalment in my Philden Model Railway Presents series of books.


It is an amazing experience to wrap up a series of books that stretches back 4 years, and the exhilaration of having clear space ahead of me while planning my next career move is almost intoxicating!

While working full-time on these books over the past 2 years will go down as one of my all-time highlights of my writing career, completing the final book has been akin to a musician wrapping up their final show on a tour. You take a moment to celebrate the milestone... and then head back into the studio to start working on your next album. Which is exactly how 2024 has started for me.

The untouched celebratory book launch platter! Prior to being devoured and photoshopped into the image at the top.

Case in point is my customary book launch platter to celebrate the books release. In the days after the wine and cheese had disappeared, I was able to teleport my table into the swanky surrounds of a waterside restaurant, which truth be told was just a bit of clever Photoshopping. However, when you're studying and immersed in a new creative field away from writing, things like this somehow make their way into each and every creative corner of your mind. A fusion of creative ideas if you like.

So, while I now leave behind a successful series of model railway how-to books, for the time being at least, my mind is already planning new projects, based around new ideas, with the end goal to cost-up which ideas will prove the most profitable to pursue. While I've loved every minute of writing about my favourite hobby and procuring the photos necessary to produce a series of books, it has come at a cost, measured of course in time and money. The two things in life that no-one ever seems to possess at the same time.

With my project of revamping my own HO scale shelf layout now complete, my model train hobby can now return to being an escape from the everyday. It resulted in a great book! Six great books to be honest, and the kind of books I wished I had read years ago when starting out in the hobby. If you've ever been interested in one of the world's favourite pastimes, then I know you are going to love these books.

Revamp An Existing Layout is available now and joins the other titles in my model railway stable. The book is available through the links below...

   

Comments

Popular Posts